Yes, it’s that time of year again where many retailers in Yorkville put their spring/summer ’09 collections on sale to make room for the incoming fall/winter ’09-’10 pieces. Any pro-shopper will tell you two things: the earlier you go the better the selection and, patience is a virtue. Considering the state of the world’s economy, this year more than ever, sales are a good thing, not only to the retailers, but to us as well. Who doesn’t like a sale!?!
- Harry Rosen: up to 40% off of their dandy gear (Canali, Etro, Pringle, BOSS Black). Ends at the end of August. Best selection at the Bloor Street flagship.
- Gucci: Self explanatory. Up to 50% off selected Spring/Summer ’09 collection. 130 Bloor Street West
- Prada: Self explanatory 2. Up to 50% on shoes and clothing only. Ends whenever last piece is sold. 131 Bloor Street West
- Hugo Boss: up to 50% Spring/Summer ’09 collection. Ends June 14. 18 Hazelton Ave.
- TNT Man: up to 25% off but will increase as months pass. 55 Avenue Road (in Hazelton Lanes)
- george C: up to 50% off on most pieces from Spring/Summer ’09 collections (Costume National, Neil Barrett, Y3). 21 Hazelton Ave.
- NOMAD: 20-30% off selected pieces from Spring/Summer ’09 collections (A.P.C, Acne, Comme des Garçons, Common Projects, Filippa K, Helmut Lang, Nom de Guerre, rag & bone, Robert Geller, Visvim, Surface to Air, W+H, Rogan etc.). 1200 Bay Street
- Holt Renfrew: up to 40% off selected pieces. Advertised as ending June 18, but disregard the date. Personally knowing the inner workings at Holts, it will go on for an indefinite date. If anything, the sale will “continue” at Last Call (Vaughan Mills) where it will be further reduced. Best selection at the Bloor Street flagship (Dior Homme, Dolce&Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Burberry Prorsum, Band of Outsiders, rag & bone, Raf Simons etc.).